Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A Little Salt is All You Need

Just when I thought my stain removing, vacuuming days were over, there it was [holding breath and gasping for air] the red wine stain from h - e double L right in the middle of my bathroom, thanks to my clumsiness. Just when I thought it was off to the land of Re-lax-ation, my fun time was turned upside down in an instant.

It stopped me right in my tracks and I had no idea what to do, but the idea did cross my mind to just simply put the rug over it. A little Cook philosophy that we live by is, if it is broke and there is a number to call to fix it...call, if it can be covered up just Cover it and worry about it later.

Unfortunately, the rug wasn't going to do the trick...darn it! Then it hit me to try the little tip I picked up from the Today show. So, I thought what the heck I will give it a shot. All you need is the bottle of Morton's salt, paper towel and a book. Generously apply the salt over the wound and let it soak, though I panicked a little because it was spreading I was going to leave it in God's hand and hope that it would do the trick.

The key was to wait 24 hours and place a paper towel over the carpet's wound and place a book over the paper towel so that it could soak up the excess. Then WA-LA 24 hours later I vacuumed the salt up and boom it was gone!

Great Holiday Trick, for those friends who love their red wine but just can't seem to keep it in their glass...wink wink

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hydrogen peroxide also works well! Pour it straight onto the stain.

Anonymous said...

Pittsburgh is in the house in the form of a Primrose. I saw the crazy Hubby dance and spilled my beer on my computer. He has great moves but he learned them from his buddy up north. One day I hope to join him on one of his Thanksgiving romps. By the way his mother cooks a mean turkey dinner. Love the blog.

yours truly,
Mr. P