Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Calculator of All Calculators


Shannon over at Rocks in My Dryer posted a great conversation starter that we have asked at least once in our Mommy Careers...How much to pay a sitter.

When the Hubby and I decided that it was time to venture into the world of date nights, we dusted off our dancing shoes, combed our hair and put on an outfit that didn't have the baby couture label (La Enfamil). Only one obstacle stood in our way, the selecting of a babysitter.

We first asked our neighbors and they graciously offered up their Nanny and then we were stumped. What do we pay their Perfect Nanny to watch our precious little newborn?

So I did what most Americans do, I referred to my friend Mr. Google and sure enough this much wised search engine held the answer... A Babysitter Calculator from Sittercity.

This is a great tool to share with all Rookie and Veteran mommies. A guaranteed quick answer to solving the mystery of what to pay a sitter. All you have to do is just type in your zip code, the number of children, years of experience and the age range of the babysitter and bam, you have your rate. It even explains the cost adjustments for overnights, special events, twins and newborns and doing housework. Another great site to view is Babysitters for other great tips one selection checklist and reference questions.

Now if there was only a calculator that computed how many HOURS they will sleep through the night…



3 comments:

tarable said...

Great find, but I have a few questions with the rate calculator. What if I use a babysitter under 17? Mine are regularly 14-16. And what if your kids sleep then entire time the babysitter is here? I pretty much pay them to eat my food and watch my tv. And I'm not excited about paying much for that. Does anyone else have these issues?

Audra Krell said...

You are hilarious and this is a great find. I wish I knew about this years ago, and I'll be our old babysitters do too!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! That's fantastic!!!

Thanks for posting this.