Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Extended Mother's Day

This weekend, I was thrilled to find a Dr. Pepper Icee machine in my hometown. Okay truth be told, I was over the moon, super excited, tempted to make a special trip to get another one before my drive back home today, thrilled.

Even though it is Father's day it seems to be more like an extended Mother's day with all of the little discoveries, gifts and gestures from my loved ones.

First, I came home to find this from the hubby...




and then my Aunt Joan sent me a wondeful receipe for Grandma's Popsicles. Warning: Receipe not intended for non-carb eating, sugar free, weight watching Mamas. They are a CUP OF SUGAR goodness!

Grandma's Popsicles

1 pkg. jello
1 pkg. Kool Aid
1 c. sugar
2 c. boiling water
2 c. cold water

Mix all ingredients and freeze in popcycle molds.

Then, last but not least the Hubby did all the laundry by the time I got home!

The gifts just keep on coming. But of course to all the wonderful Daddy's out there, Happy Father's Day!

No comments: