Thursday, June 5, 2008

They Said What?


Disclaimer: This Rookie Mom is NOT political and does not welcome Politics at her dinner table, but she does enjoy a good laugh and roll of the eyes at our Politician’s expense.

Over the past [way too many to mention] months our media has been [excessively] covering the Political debates. From Obama to Hillary to McCain, they have all managed to make themselves a household name with their kid like debates and constant message of “Change.”

Though I managed to limit my debate watching hours to less than one hour…okay maybe half an hour. I always find it amusing when I hear Politicians say the darndest things. The sayings that stop you dead in your tracks and make you ask yourself...Did they really say that?

Thanks to the Washington Post they have compiled a top 10 list of the darndest things Politicians have said:

10. "I don't care what people are saying Uptown or wherever they are. This city will be chocolate at the end of the day." Ray Nagin (2006)

9. “When I was in England I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it and didn't inhale and never tried it again.” Bill Clinton (1992)

8. "Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know." Donald Rumsfeld (2002)

7. "I think with a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court, you can't play, you know, hide the salami, or whatever it's called." Howard Dean (2005)


6. "I'm a fairly wide guy.” Larry Craig (2007)

5.“Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." George W. Bush (2004)

4.“To those critics who are so pessimistic about our economy, I say: Don't be economic girlie men.” Arnold Schwarzenegger (2004)


3.“I actually did vote for the $87 billion before I voted against it.” John Kerry (2004)

2.“I have a record in office, as well. And all Americans have seen that record. September the 4th, 2001, I stood in the ruins of the Twin Towers. It's a day I will never forget.” George W. Bush (2004)

1. "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet." Al Gore (1999)


Stay tune for more Rookie Mom not so political topics. :)

No comments: