Monday, July 12, 2010

My Little Party Crasher

Saturday was a fun filled day of pictures, and a birthday party. Cookie was early to rise and I was early to rise to make sure that I had my survival kit in order for the day. I was flying solo while the Hubby was on a much needed fishing excursion.

By 9 AM we were out the door and on our way to the studio. On our way to the mall, I preyed that we were not going to have a poop-a-palooza in the back seat.

I have to give it to the place where we get our pictures taken, they have a great location in the mall. Right next to Build A Bear aka Build A Bribe and Starbucks. I scored the first appointment of the day and managed to get there (poop and spill free) in just enough time to insert a quick coffee IV.

As we waited for the studio to open we watched the kiddos in line outside of Build A Bear. They were squealing with excitement and I could see that Cookie was feeding off of it. So, I folded and told Cookie if she was really good for the picture I would take her to Build A Bear afterwards. Besides nothing says good parenting like a little bribery. In my book it was a win win. She got a bear and I got a great picture.

Let's just say in less than thirty mins we were in and out of pictures. I scored this...



And Cookie scored this...



I was so proud of Cookie not only for following instructions, but I could see how proud she was of herself for doing such a great job. To be honest she could have really cared less about going to Build A Bear. But a deal is a deal.

We decided that since we were out, we might as well hit up the indoor play ground at McDonald's. On our way to McDonald's we discussed what Cookie was going to order. When we arrived she walked right up to the counter and placed her order. Chicken Nuggets, french fries and white milk. Then it was my turn. I have to admit, that I had to catch my breath a little, in awe of her independence.

I noticed that there was a birthday party being held, so we decided to eat inside and then play. After lunch Moo and I waited on the sideline as Cookie played with the kiddos attending the birthday party.

After about twenty minutes the Host of the birthday party announced that it was time for pictures. I called Cookie to the sideline so that they could take their picture. I explained to Cookie that the picture was for the birthday girl that we didn't know and that it wasn't a good idea to join the picture.

Then just like that it happened, Cookie crashed the picture!



Standing tall in the background for all to see. Not to make a scene I graciously apologized, and quickly snapped the memory of Cookie's first time as a Birthday Crasher. Needless to say, I put my foot down when she insisted on standing in line for cake. She was okay with it because she was going to Lexi's party that afternoon and she knew that she could have a piece then.

Overall the day was a great success and sometime over the course of the next week, it will be my Cookie that is standing tall in a strangers birthday photos and be known as the kid that no one has no idea who she is.

Oh that Cookie, my little party crasher!

No comments: