Friday, August 20, 2010

I Do IT All By Myself

We are nearing the end of August, which means that my babies will soon be another year older. Another year of new milestones approaching. Another year of Cookie showing me just how independent she is becoming and another year of Moo learning how to defy the laws of gravity.

Most importantly, another year of me learning how to loosen their baby wings and letting them fly. However, I do have my limits and I will put my foot down when it comes to hanging from the chandeliers and flying from the banisters.

Last night Cookie showed me just how quickly time is passing by and how much she is growing into such a wonderful and smart little girl. [Bias - Yes, Much.] Last night, I sat patiently as Cookie conquered her first big girl puzzle all by herself. Yes, she has completed smaller puzzles but this was a big one! A Princess, a castle, a deer, the whole fairy tale.

Every second I could feel myself inching off of the chair each time Cookie asked, "Does it go here, what about here, here Ms. Mom, Ms. Mom I do it all by myself?" I have to admit that I am very proud of myself for letting her do it all on her own. For those that know me, it was a big deal for me to just sit there. I mean just sit there, no movement.

Just like that she did it - All by herself!




As for the "Ms. Mom" - I guess that I should explain. Cookie is super fantastic when it comes to her manners and learning her family members first names, so much so that she feels the need to call me Ms. Mom. We are working on dropping the Ms. part, but it is a work in progress and it is definitely a attention getter when we are are out in public. On a couple of occasions I have received an eyebrow raise in the checkout line when we are shopping and she is yelling, "Ms. Mom, Ms. Mom followed by where is K.C. he's my daddy". Think what you will people - we are here for your entertainment.

Oh that Cookie, I am sure that as the years progress the Ms. Mom will turn into something different!

No comments: