Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thanks for the Invite Sarah Palin

Yesterday, we received the following invitation from Sarah Palin in the mail all the way from the great state of Alaska. My scanner is on vacation so luckily I was able to find the same invitation on the web as well.





So it got me thinking, I wondered what this message would have sounded like if she had actually written it and used some of her famous catchphrases from this years election. Maybe a little something like this...

Dear Joe Six Packs, Mavericks and Hockey Moms,

As Governor of the great state of Alaska with the hopes to one day have the bridge to no where, I am pleased to welcome you to the Alaska Travel Industry Association's website. You betcha, Alaska is different from every other destination in the world where we get er done. Every day offers an unforgettable memory: a mother moose and calf, glaciers and mountains, our unique Native cultures, our Russian legacy (which by the way I can see from my house) and Gold Rush days. Even lifelong Alaskans are amazed! And we have a wide range of accommodations and dining to suit every budget and we can ensure you that you won't be palling around with any terrorist here. Enjoy your online visit to Alaska, and I hope you'll come to visit the "Great Land" soon.


Sincerely,


Sarah Palin

Governor

Do you think it sounds a little bit more like her? Yep, I thought so too. I guess now is the time that I enter my disclaimer.

Disclaimer: This non-political Rookie Mom enjoyed being creative with this post and if you do not like it, well then just scoot along to another blog. Oh and by the way I do not have a Obama sticker on the back of my minivan.

Again, thank you Ms. Palin for the invite but we will have to regretfully decline this year.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are very creative and funny.

I loved your version as it is more like her!

Came over by way of Blogher...they are running your post as more from...

marlene