Monday, December 1, 2008

Ooey Gooey Spectacular


We had a wonderful time in Northwest AR for Thanksgiving and my sister in laws Christmas decorations are so beautiful they could be classified as "sinful!"

I will have to leave you hanging for a few days until my camera makes it back home. Due to the recent baggage cost we decided to save a few pennies ($160 to be exact) and send our luggage with my in laws since they were driving. [Thank you, Thank you again GG & Papa Ken, for hauling our stuff!] So, I will have to leave you hanging in suspense until we are able to get our luggage. But, be ready they are amazing!

The whole trip was just lovely and I even managed to bring home a souvenir that I didn't have to pack...it was the extra baggage I gained on my bum because of my excessive indulgence in my sister in laws Ooey Gooey Butter Cake! Some would even say it is Ooey Gooey Spectacular.

This cake is more addicting than our late night runs to Taco Bell in college.

Try it, you'll see...

1 18 1/4-ounce package yellow cake mix
1 egg
8 tablespoons butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine the cake mix, egg, and butter and mix well with an electric mixer. Pat the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 13 by 9-inch baking pan. Prepare Filling

Filling:
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 tablespoons butter, melted
1 16-ounce box powdered sugar


In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the eggs, vanilla, and butter and beat together. Next, add the powdered sugar and mix well. Spread over cake batter and bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Make sure not to over bake as the center should be a little gooey.

Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Ease of preparation: easy


No comments: