Saturday, January 5, 2008

I am a Survivor


It is never easy having to make the decision to place your child in school. After our first week of school now under our belt I can now say that I am a Survivor and very pleased with our decision to enroll baby Cookie.


Though the first day was hard and I felt sick to my stomach and throughout the day was so tempted to go and get her, I knew that the decision was right. Seeing her smiling face when I went to pick her up for the first time was amazing!


Her teachers are great and she really seemed to enjoy being there. She talked the whole way home as if she had so much to tell us.


As the weeks go by I know that it will only get easier and it gives me a sense of calmness that she is less than 2 miles from the house and only a phone call away when I need to check on her.


Now that Friday has come and gone and the weekend is here we look forward to watching the little things she has already learned from her classmates. I guess it is true that you really do learn a lot from your peers, even if they are less than two feet tall.


I now understand why my Grandmother always had her camera near by. I couldn't help but snap this shot of her first day! We look forward to sharing many more Notes from the Playground.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I made this picture my new desktop background when you sent it via e-mail. I can't bear to change the red bow picture out of the frame just yet!

Love y'all!
Patrice aka Matrice